Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Naughty Farm

Yesterday I told dear Snowflake that he better enjoy his luxurious breakfast of organic cornflakes and chocolate Silk because it was going to be his last at home just as he dumped the soggy bits on his tray and snickered.

Laugh all you want, I assured him, YUK it up, because you and Charlie are off to The Naughty Farm. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Of course I told him I would never send him to The Naughty Farm, but it did INDEED exist.

We hopped in the car and went for a much needed cruise. Why not go and look at ultra expensive cars I can't afford? Exactly the cure for what ails.

Driving by "Lake Backwash", Snowflake observed the astounding amount of algae floating on the surface. Chartreuse green with a lily and a lotus here and there he peeps,

"Look at the skank on the water, mamma." This is exactly what I say to him when we drive over the bridge and close to the waterline.

"That's right. And did you know that's what they serve you for breakfast at The Naughty Farm? A big slimey bowl full of pond skank," I say glancing into the rearview mirror.

He looks quickly, our eyes meet, smiling as he says,

"Mamma would NEVER take me to the The Naughty Farm, ever."

And he's right(For the moment...bwahaha).



, ,

No comments: