Friday, August 18, 2006

Heavenly Blankets Made for Angels

When Snowflake was born, I wanted to find a sweet cuddley heirloom blankee. Something akin to spun clouds. I couldn't find it. I felt up a BareFoot Dreams blanket and wondered what the hullabaloo was about. If these were the creme de la creme, I'd pass.

Two and a half years later, a special blankee finally showed up. Monday I received the simply elegant white box tied with a white satin ribbon. Inside, a carefully cozied signature blue Blankee Company Blanket was rolled and wrapped in white tissue just for him.

If Barefoot Dreams are the Cadillac of receiving blankets, this honey is a Bentley. It is that nice. It is time to pimp your crib.

The line comes in a nice selection of colors(more to come) to please any palette. I think some funky mod prints would be a nice addition to this fabulous find.

The weight is substantial and the stitching is impeccable and neat. At 29" square it is just the right size to pack for a newborn or for a toddler to snuggle. These gems are handmade in the USA. Nice. They are 100% polyester and machine washable.

Completely bordered in a very fine quality tightly woven satin(so nice it doesn't snag on rough finger tips), the gorgeous fabric is suede microfiber on one side and a poshly plush moon and stars texture on the other. It feels like kitten fur. Or imagine if pussy willows were a fabric. Like that.

It is just the special kind of fabric a baby would melt into. Or the kind of fabric an adult wants to wriggle around naked in like a baby.

These blankees would make a wonderful and special gift for someone. Perfect for angels or "on again off again" devils.


, , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos, that blanket looks divine! Will be back again. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - I didn't understand the barefoot Dreams phenomenon until I stayed over at some friends who had a barefoot dreams robe in their guest bath. OMG.... that's all I can say. I never wanted to get dressed again!