Tuesday, August 22, 2006

all rolled into one

DAREDEVIL

Twilight. Snowflake is riding his LikeABike down the hill, fast. I stop him by the handlebars as he zooms towards me and almost jack knifes.

"Whoa, that was too fast. You have to start slowing it down."

"Yeah mama, but it was FUN. It was fun mama, fun" he says with a twinkle in his eye turning around heading back up the hill.


SMARTASS

Today at work I shake up a bottle of chocolate milk with just a swig left. I tell him to smell how chocolatey it is. Mmm... It's so frothy and delish I encourage, trying to tempt him into finishing it.

"I used to drink that all the time when I was little. It's so yumblers," I say.

"Go ahead and drink it then."

Whaaa? What a bitchslap. In the very sweetest way of course.


, , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Had to drink the chocolate yourself, huh? That's pretty good punishment. ;)

I like your new header, with the baby in the moon...reminds me of Barron Munchhousen...is that the right movie? With Robin Williams in the moon? Anyway, very cool, though I miss the guy with the ZZTop beard, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, J! I just don't know. I seem to miss my mother up in the right hand corner. Do I change it back? THis one has a little Tim Burton in it... That guy with the beard is the very same guy in the photo up there captioned 'Archie McPhee'. I miss that photo too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah...I love that picture of your mom on the boat, too. Hmmm. Good problem to have, though, with two great headers from which to choose. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love the LIKE A BIKE. I swear I am going to recommend that thing to almost all of my client's families. It would be PERFECT for the kiddos that I work with.