Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Potpourri

Stinking around my brain- I was thinking about dooce's post about Leta's exploding language skills. She has a fondness for copsicles. Snowflake has a love for copcorn. Hmmm...

A platform bed is the best option for me. I should buy a high quality, well made one. Although it will be awhile, I plan on drinking heavily as soon as Snowflake leaves the nest. Groggy or lit up, I have a slim chance of breaking my neck if I 'fall' out of bed. Will I even have insurance then? These are the important things to think about.

The Tesla lithium-ion battery powered car made in the USA does 0-60 in like three seconds. Priced at a mere $80,000 it gives the $440,000 Porsche Carerra GT a run for the money in the RPM department and the enviro-department.

I love my subscription to Wired magazine. Not only do I read about amazing things like the Tesla, it keeps me informed of all kinds of current, quirky and up and coming cutting edge technolgy. This is where the world is headed and Wired is your directory, people.

Bonus: Mini USA always does at least one cool expensive advertisement per year. A few years ago they included a whole sheet of detailing letters designed by a master car pimper to put your "call sign" on your car. I was psyched. Beneath my window lies "Edgar Allen Poe". When some dumbfuck asks what that means or who that is I say haven't you heard of him? He's the newest, hottest fucking NASCAR dude on the circuit! Below Snowflakes window is "the bambino", of course.

This month, the sweet genius' at Mini USA have included a MINI QUARANTINE KIT. I can't wait to open it because it has another sticker inside! This is a holdover from my high school obsession with stickers and patches, Ton-Sur-Ton, Swatch and Blanc Bleu clothing. Marketingblurb had this to say-

Our Wired magazine arrived over the weekend, and we can always depend on quirky advertising or inserts of some kind. We were not disappointed, because Mini Cooper is promoting their Mini Takes the States road rally. The rally covers 4,000 miles and 19 states during a two week period. And to encourage Mini owners to participate, Mini Cooper included a Quarantine Kit polybagged and tipped on a perforated insert. The kit includes a sticker to place on your office door which discourages anyone from entering until a non-fatal, but highly contagious virus dissipates. There is also an official-looking quarantine alert letter to leave in the boss’ in-basket. Mini Cooper says “Don’t worry about taking time off. Who needs vacation days when you’ve got sick days? Let’s motor.” Marketing Blurb has no desire to drive 4,000 miles in any vehicle, but we do agree the Mini Cooper is cute.

Momentary melange.


, , , , , , , , ,