Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Home Shithead

"Waiting to order tile, my two year old was in the store for well over an hour, now happily pacifying himself by looking at and touching the vacuums. Associate sidles his way over and mumbles he has to 'stage' this area with his sheepkin fluff and takes an attachment from my son. Never mind my son knew what vacuum it went with and the associate did not. Muscling us out of the area as he dusted, he asked if I needed a vac as I walked away pissed explaining I was entertaining a TWO YEAR old. I think he then realized what a jerk he was and asked my sons name as we walked away. He commented what a neat name it was and all I kept thinking was what a DICKHEAD."

-From the Online Survey for my "most recent visit" to Home Depot



, , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy must not have any kids, or, he does and just leaves it all up to the woman to do everything. Typical. Now I'm totally inspired to draw on a post-it now!

Anonymous said...

I try to stay away from Home Depot because anytime an "Orange Vest" makes eye contact with me they quickly avert their gaze and pretend they are helping another customer. When I do get their attention, the attitude is something like "Well, you're a guy, you should know this stuff."

Anonymous said...

I try to stay away from the larger business conglomerates when I can help it. I absolutely despise what Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and all the super stores have done for the shopping experience.
They just herd us in like sheep. It's all about the almighty dollar and then they have the audacity to only open 10% of the damn cash registers.

I always shop at the local "Mom & Pop" stores if I can find them. They are a dieing breed. I have a family owned auto parts/garage , and a Mom & Pop owned hardware store within walking distance of my house.

Sure, they charge more. But I love the shopping experience there, and I can trust these people. I'll gladly pay the extra dollar to keep these dinosaurs alive!!!!!!!