Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Insomnia

Retired to the boudoir at 10pm. Fell asleep around Midnight. Awoke at the usual creepy time of 3:15. Turned on Coast to Coast AM . Subject was about what happens to the souls of those who committ suicide. Thought of the dream I had when my brother died. Dark and subterrainian. Black, gray and grimey. Brother appears in tattered shredded dirty faded black clothing. A million faceless others in the background behind him, charcoal shadows cast by black and white flames. He is crying, moaning, crying. He has no pupils, just white eyeballs surrounded by black circles. He tells me that it is all a lie. There is no heaven. I think about the creepy new bugs that have appeared. Flat bodies yet succulent looking, their ass ends culminating in two sharp looking pinchers. Where the fuck did they come from? Some dark place, they now rest vampirelike in the blossoms of the Milkweed. I shut the radio off around 4:30 just in time to hear the birds begin their happy protestations. This mattress sucks. Sucks the life right out of me.



, ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What horrible thoughts...gloomy stuff to have on the radio at 3:15 in the morning, too. Ugh. Glad you have a little Snowflake to cheer you up.

Did you ever read "Something Wicked This Way Comes"? If I remember correctly, 3:00AM was the hour when the train came into town, the time when all the trouble always starts...I remember that...something about the words Bradbury used stuck with me. I haven't read that book in maybe 20 years, either. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am going to freak out. My mother just called me to say she FOUND ONE ON THE COUNTER! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Can you hear me? Immediately I called the dude who put up my pergola to ask him where he got my mulch. Frick. Answering machine, of course. Moving on to call a freind of my brother's father, a former Orkin man. Did I ever say I was anti-pesticide? Fuck me. Kill them! Kill them ALL! Take no prisoners!

Anonymous said...

I 'think' they are earwigs. AHHHHHHHHH! One site suggests-

Trapping

Earwigs can be trapped outdoors in cardboard boxes baited with oatmeal or bran with pencil hole size entry sites punched in the sides near the bottom. Place burlap bags, canvass, boards, newspapers or other cover material in mulch, shrubbery and similar habitats to collect individuals the following day. Shake specimens into hot, boiling water or burn trapped earwigs in newspaper rolls. Indoors, remove with broom and dustpan or by vacuum cleaner.

I'll get right on that. Right.

Anonymous said...

OH GOD! I had to look at what one of them looked like on the WWW. Holly shit batman that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I'd be freaking in my lederhosen.... F@@K me H, that's some bug you got there. So, you gonna call bugbusters or what? I know you don't like pesticides or unnatural chem's in yer yard, but hell chickita, i'd be dumping some serious acid in my yard for maximum killage. I like chemicals. :)

Anonymous said...

J- I read that along time ago. Yeah, my 3:15 always reminded me of The Amityville horror and that crazy pig. Speaking of RB you made me think of Farenheight 451. Off the point but all about burning up, today is supposed to be 91 and Saturday 96 so don't feel bad. Thanks for your thoughts, they went right over my head as I contemplated these sick relatively harmless bugs.

C- Last night I doused my mulch with liquid "Home Defense" and if my friend's dad calls, I think I will have him bomb the area. They just freak me out becasue I like to sit on a blanket on the ground and enjoy the summer evening without having to worry about one boring into my brain(via the ear canal, yep, people used to think this). I am going balls out with the chemicals. Weed killer, bug killer. I'm doing it all.

Anonymous said...

good girl