Monday, July 24, 2006

Is There a Vibe with this much Personality?

If you're scared of modern technology such as programming your cell phone, figuring out your digital camera or using your computer for anything other than the internet, then this sexy little round piece of robot love is for you! Face it, life is stressful enough, why should you have to waste those few precious moments on your hands and knees scrubbing? If I'm going to be on my hands and knees you certainly won't find me scrubbing.

The interface(that means machine to person operation) is shockingly simple. Charge the battery overnight, open the tanks, fill with cleaning solution and water and hit the power button and then press 'clean'. iScooba immediately sizes up the situation and the area by prepping, spiraling(it's so R2-D2 I fell HARD), crisscrossing and edging the floor. When he's done, he automatically shuts off. Please note if you're looking for 'quiet' operation, move along. He hums, LOUD.

Designed to clean a 100 square foot area, iScooba is best suited to rooms of this size or smaller. For larger rooms, he comes with a little battery operated unit called a 'virtual wall'. Using this you are able to section off a room and ensure thorough cleaning. If you thought this little dude was going to save your entire downstairs hardwood/tile in one fell swoop, he may not be the house bastard for you. If you're busy and have the time to do large rooms one section at a time, he may be the love of your life.

I put him in my slate covered bathroom, shut the door and went to the park. When I came home I found a sparkling squeaky clean bathroom floor. How fucking incredible is that? I think this alone is worth the price. Except for the corners. You will have to get off your haunches and clean those little areas yourself. This 'bot is made of quality materials, nothing about it feels cheap. Every part that gets skankified is removable and totally cleanable. Bonus.

He's so cute, well designed and easy to clean, I think I'm in love with him.



, , ,