Saturday, September 09, 2006

Cleaning Closets

It was a gorgeous morning, crisp with a slight chill breeze blowing in the windows. A fine day to clean my closet. The closet that was stuffed to the brim akin to a cartoon where if you open the door it just explodes into the room. It really wasn't that bad although it took several hours. I'm very thorough like that.

I packed away the Steve Madden and Enzo Angiolini pumps I had hanging around from a past existence. They have no purpose now, but just in case they are safely tucked away in the dungeon. I found my copy of "In the Company of Wolves" along with several love notes addressed to me, but back then I was "Little Sexy" to the author. Oh yeah.

Then I came across a letter I wrote to said author, two pages of hateful hurried vertical scrawl. That went to the dungeon as well. Sometimes it is so good to have something written at a very chaotic time just to judge your progress by.

I vaccumed it up, finally making it all the way to the back(this is a big closet that walks out onto the roof between the house and the gargage) scouring the fallen pieces of plaster that came down when I undertook my first huge homeowner's project- putting a cool standing seam copper roof on four years ago(I just never get back there except for shoveling the snow off in the winter). I found the cool carpets from Turkey and put them down and poshed it out for Snowflake. It's his first "Hideout".

We really like being in the closet. It's cool and bright and quiet. Perfect for reading books. I love it there. Grooving along on that good feeling I was going through some stuff on a shelf and found a note still attached to it's yellow 3" x 5" ruled pad from someone very dear to me. This is what it says:


Hello Love

Just a little note for you(a musical note is drawn above this)

I hope your day went well and things
made you smile, you know I don't
like it when your(sp) sad,

crossed out scribble unreadable

By now I'm a million miles away
and missing you like crazy. It'll
be tough going cold turkey,
but I know I'll see you again
in Life & in dreams.

Take Care.

with all my Love, ___________________


I smile to no one, genuinely and warmly, feeling it so deeply. It's a fricking Lion King moment for me, can you feel the love tonight, world!

I feel clean and I glow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you have written sounds like a sketch of a novel or short story. You should try and work what you've written into a short 'cause it has some powerful moments.