Friday, September 08, 2006

Big Scary Rocks

Last week I watched ABC's doomsday special on how the human race could end. It was especially depressing hearing about asteroids. BIG, BIG ASTEROIDS. The kind of asteroids that when they hit the planet, the people on the other side will at first witness a shooting star or two, progressing into a meteor shower that ends up fire bombing everything in sight.

It's only a matter of time "they say". I am now obsessed with looking at the moon. Last night I tried to take a picture of it. I no longer see that mystical, dreamy melancholy face, but rather the monstrous shadows cast by the sun across dark craters whose depth is endless and bottomless.

I imagine myself as one of those unsuspecting types watching the stars fly though the air, thinking how amazing it all is and then the realization of ultimate demise begins. I think about myself or people like me and I want all of us to have someone's hand to hold by that time. My heart breaks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart looks like a piece of Raku.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mamma

Hurry up and come out of that funk you are in!LOL

I just don't think like that when I look into the skies, and never on a full moon?

I always feel stronger and more powerful on a full moon, like it gives me some kind of super hero powers or something.LOL......Probably just making me horny and I think it's super powers?

You have snowflake to hold your hand girl and that's all you need! You've got one of the most adorable little fellas on the planet and the wonderful Chidler!

Now cheer the F......up!

Ps.....I'm not worth a chit at consolation!LOL

Anonymous said...

You know how there's a correlation between depression and creativity? Well, you do sound depressed at the prospect of being wiped out in a blink of an eye without having a hand to hold. But, if there's a silver lining, it would be this: your picture of the moon is freakishly great!

Anonymous said...

Armando and I watched the same program...he was so freaked out...my motto is live every day as best you can...any you will always have my hand to hold!

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys, seriously. I hope that Snowflake has a hand to hold other than mine! I'll be fine. I am used to 'being alone'. Sometimes I whine about it a little. I do have bouts of sadness and I'm okay with that because I do know that this life is a pretty grand experience.