Friday, May 05, 2006

Vitameatavegamin

I've been thinking about this glorified blender for quite some time now, almost a whole year. Is it worth it? I'm thinking yes for its sheer workhorse capabilities. When I'm not eating pan fried noodles with chili sauce, pizza, ice cream or peanut butter cups, I want to be eating healthier, fresher foods. With the amazing Bass-O-Matic wannabe, I would be able to make soups, smoothies, salsas and sorbets, grinding my own grains and nuts for flours and spreads. Yes, dear friends, that blade spins so fast it can freeze or heat the contained items.

Something is stopping me though. Yeah, it's pricey. But it comes with a seven year warranty. Spread the price out over those seven years and you're paying a mere $71 dollars a year to have the Viking/Wolf of the blender world in your kitchen. That's not it.

It's soooo butt fugly I want to scream. A design horror. At a towering 20.5 inches with it's container on, it's too Amazonian to fit on top of the counter underneath the upper cupboards. It's not sexy for that kind of money. And if there's one thing American culture has taught me, its that if you're gonna pay that kind of money for something, it better damn well be sexy, or at least come with a Pirelli calender.

I bet it makes one hell of a margarita though.

, , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of parelli calanders until now, OR the fancy blender of which you speak. Our condo is so small, that I agonize over every purchase, WHERE WILL I PUT IT. Seriously, I got two belgian waffle makers for Christmas, and I kept the smaller one, because I can fit it on the counter...there's no room anywhere else in the house for it...well, maybe Maya's room, but that's just wrong...I KNOW I would wake up at 2:30am to the smell of waffles cooking from down the hall, and her bed would always be sticky with syrup...

Anonymous said...

...and I am sure it would make a delish N/A Pina Colada! Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that things not the prettiest. I thought all manufacturers were on to how muchwe'll spend if it's pretty. I mean, look at how much women will spend on shoes.

MMM, waffles, yummy!