Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Beat of a Different Drum

If you're wondering where all of that damn loud banging is coming from, just blame Snowflake. Tomorrow his shipment will arrive via FedEx. He scored BIGTIME and it's not even his birthday. He's getting this and this plus a pair of finger cymbals and four egg shakers. He is going to flip out. I'm going to flip out. I'm so excited that if I really dig them, I'm going to go right ahead and order that big ass friggin' 21" x 22" Gathering Drum so we can really tear it up. We two vegetarians starting a neighborhood drumming circle. Can you smell the patchouli yet?

Summer nights under the stars and my imagined pergola, thumping away loudly with wild abandon as the neighbors scurry to peer over their fences or strain their eyes looking out of their windows wondering what the bejesus WE are up to will be priceless. Screw the pergola, we should just put up a sweatlodge in homage to Snowflake's ancestry. Maybe we'll even howl at the moon.




, , , , ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice selection on the drums! Those Remo kid drums have a pretty good sound to them, and they look good, too!

--PK

Anonymous said...

Totally fun! And look, my husband reads your blog! Who knew? (Not me...he must be going through the blogroll). I was going to mention to you that Ted (aka Py Korry) LOVES him some drums, and that Maya got some Remos for her first Christmas when she was 9 months old, that she LOVED. Unfortunatly, her drum passion has faded over the years. I think we still have those drums, though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I bet he'll love them...did they come with adult sized ear plugs? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

That's great. I've been working recently with my daughter's pre-school gatherings and playing drums with 3 - 5 year olds. At this point I'm using a collection of drums that I have (about 6 - 8 drums from different traditions). I'm at that point though where it's going to be time to look for kids percussion specifically.

It's pretty amazing how much rhythm these little kids have. Keep it up. It'll be great to know how it all pans out.

Branavan