Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother, Mamma, Mommy


There are so many kinds of mothers that make the world go 'round. Here's to all the new mommies embarking on the epic experience of a lifetime. Special tip o' the hat to the breastfeeders. Here's to my friend who will be a mom for the second time to a little girl this September. Here's to another friend whom I've never actually met, who's waiting patiently to receive her bundle of joy from a foreign land. And to my few other friends whose babes are on the cusp of tweendom and beyond. Here's to all of the men who are mothers. Not muthas, but real mothers, doing double duty as both parents like me for whatever reason. Here's to my mother, SF's Nana Bird. I know she's there for me always. Thank you Mom. No one said it would be easy, cliche, but so true and so rewarding if you put it first. Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. :) Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ms Mamma! Happy Mothers' Day to you too! You've earned a place of honor and SF is a lucky boy. Keep up the good work. His future family will thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heidi! Very sweet. SF is very luck to have a mama who loves him and nurtures him the way you do! Hope you had a wonderful day.