Tuesday, September 16, 2008

gross out

Lately, in my spare time random day dream blips, I find my mind wandering towards thoughts of dental floss and chicken wings. I've been obsessing, really. It blows my mind to think about the millions of chickens slaughtered everyday. Then I think of their clipped wings. The billions and billions of wings severed for people who never give a second thought to what they're eating other than if it comes with free celery. Gross.

Thankfully I haven't had to floss any chicken meat out of my teeth in almost a decade. Floss. I'm a hardcore flosser. I have to floss at least two times a day. I used to think nothing of throwing strand after strand of floss down the toilet. Thinking about how much floss I've already used and discarded down the drain, I wondered where does it end up? Are ducks getting twined up in fish line floss and succumbing to their deaths? And wouldn't it be disgusting to go swimming and end up with a piece of floss in your hair or mouth? Worse if it came out of the faucet. I decided not to flush it anymore.

It's probably no better to throw it in the garbage where five years from now, some raccoon will choke on it at some landfill or a baby bird gets it wrapped around its wing and can't fly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's highly biodegradable. Gag me.

No comments: