Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pieces (Resting In)

I just walked into the house and I could hear my cell phone ringing. I could tell it was my mom by the ring tone(Sophisitcat). She told me that Anna Nicole was found dead in her hotel room. I felt sad for her troubled life. I felt sad because she lost a son and was a new mother all in a matter of days.

My hands are burning as I type this, rosy red from the frigid death chill of winter. I was enduring the cold and doing the duty of picking up what seemed to be a million stiff dog turds in the fading sunlight. There is a definite art to the method as they get bonded to the snow beneath them like Super Glue.

You must have one of those mini rake type of implements and hold it with the tines up, facing the sky. In a chipping like motion, one must hack just under the turd, right below the bond and it breaks free in a neat complete piece. Miss and everything shatters into a zillion tiny pieces.

Life is so fragile and people are so fragile. Yes, as fragile as frozen turds on the tundra. R.I.P. Anna

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heid. Hubby told me today that Anna Nicole died. Some people commented on my blog about her death too. I'm still not sure what the cause of death was though. Heart attack? Was she on drugs? I feel really sorry for her - I mean, her life was a curious one...and by the looks of it, not an extremely happy one. I find it so sad that she left behind a baby girl...and that she lost her son not too long ago. You're right. Life is fragile. We must learn to cherish every day we have. Like Hubby always says, "Every day above ground is a good one."

Anonymous said...

I always feel sorry for a train wreck. I think, "There but for the grace of God go I..."

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna look at the bright side. Anna had an amazing life. As tragic as it seems......she did more things with her life than a lot of people I know!
Playboy Playmate of the year, Guess jeans Model,Moviestar and the list goes on. She lived fast, died young and left a beautiful corpse.

I feel sorry for her daughter and her mother most of all!

Anonymous said...

always shocking the way we react to these kinds of things. i felt hit too. weird.