Sunday, February 25, 2007

Big Mouth Strikes Again

A few minutes ago the air was crystal clear and still in the darkness. Cars whoosh by. The wind picks up. The Woodstock chimes which have the notes of Westminster have started to rattle on the porch, clanging in the wind and sometimes banging the wall closest to them. Looking out of the living room windows, the streetlights cast their amber glow across everything.

It's so weird to see snow whirling past the windows heading perfectly, horizontally West. That's bad. Those flakes are really Mach I-ing it outta town. We're in for 8-14" of snow through tomorrow. I can't complain though. This isn't upstate New York.

I take such great joy in my badass snowblower. It's a bitchslap to the force of nature and all of the men in the neighborhood(although I would kiss the kind person who blew me and the entire neighborhood this morning! Oh, I know the feeling). Bring it on, honey, I can handle it. Afterwards I'll drive out and explore the beauty of Mother Nature with four wheel drive, some good java and The Smiths.