Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Snip Snip


bambina
I know it's the right thing to do, the "ethical" thing to do. The Bob Barker thing to do. I've ALWAYS done it. I feel so nervous and worried. It's been a very long time since I took a puppino to the Vet for spaying and neutering. Today is the double whammy for Frankalicious and Gingerella.

They are going in to be "fixed". I hate that term. It's more like you are breaking them. Pugs are so touchy anyway, being brachycephalic and all. They don't do well under anesthesia. Triple bad karma to me for being encouraged to have their front dew claws removed as well.

Snowflake and I took them in early this morning. They both left their mark (peed on the floor) in the reception area to protest the current state of affairs. He cried as we left them in seperate kennels. He didn't want to leave them all alone. O, O, O I felt bad. The kind assistant said I could call around 3:30 to see how they're doing. Sweet little sausage marbled rye has to stay overnight due to stiches in the hoo-ha region.

I'm sure they're thinking they got dumped again, left in a shelter. I can't wait to see them, to let them know they have a Forever Home. Forever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard sometimes to do the responsible thing, but it is the responsible thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck to them!

Anonymous said...

Our doggie, Gen, is a rescue dog, and we got her when she was 4. She had been in two homes for two years each. We like to joke that she wondered when her two years were up, if she was going to go to a home with such good food and two walks a day, or maybe she would be sent somewhere with just a backyard and no walks? Or maybe, glory of glories, somewhere where she would be allowed on the furniture! But no, she's stuck with us, forever.

Hope the pups are feeling well soonish. Hope they stop humping. ;) (My step mom's dog used to hump a stuffed rabbit...and it was a spayed female...)

Anonymous said...

Oh poor babies. I hope they get to come home soon and feel better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good wishes. They are so sweet, home now and being totally pampered and loved up. Whew. I am so glad that I found them and could adopt them. Genevieve is a very lucky petunia!

Anonymous said...

Gosh!....I've been away too long. Hopefully they will be over their little trauma in no time.

I think you did the right thing. I don't know that it will stop any humping? I mean.....my Emily was spayed at 5 months old, and she will hump Abigail occasionally. I guess it's more of a domination thing with her!

She wants to do it every time I put their collars and leashes on for a walk, and right after I put them in the back of my pickup for there ride down to the river. The funny thing is that she is half the size of Abigail, and Abigail let's her get away with it!

It is quite a funny sight to see, and I always giggle when when someone is passing by and looks and points, because I know they think she is a horny little male.

Hey....come to think of it......I got snipped and it didn't stop me from humping?