Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Night Thinking About Dan

I never thought my new love would have came via Snowflake. This summer I began taking him to work with me and although I hate, hate, HATE to admit it, the cathode ray tubes began to play a part in our daily routine.

The first time I witnessed the twangy video interlude between The Doodlebops(like the Krofft brothers on a very bad day) and The Wiggles (their smocks remind me of Star Trek), I knew I was in love. Harkening back to my stoned age, something pulled me to this lanky and swanky beat. It was Dan Zanes House Party.

Do you know Dan Zanes House Party? I'm a little late. I never listened to the Del Fuegos, so I never knew who he was until now. There is something catchy and cool and not at all juvenille(like Cecil B. Demille) about this music. It totally grooves. Okay, maybe it's a total Chris Isaak on acid thing. I've always had a thing for Chris. Reading a little more about Dan Zanes made me wish I were his pal. He is sooooooo cooooooool. I know I'm going to have to run out and buy all of this music(no futuristic DSL for this lady, yet).

I AM drinking a glass of wine, but I can't stop thinking about getting down on the rug to do the bug. Not actually "do a bug", but you know, dance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Dan. He is one of the few kid friendly musicians that don't make you feel the need to poke sharp objects into your eyeballs. Maybe it is the crunchy side of me, but you'll have to notice his lady keyboard player and the fro she sports under each arm...Very Earthy!

Anonymous said...

You have Super Crunch Radar, did you know that? I never noticed that...maybe I haven't watched closely enough.

Anonymous said...

Dane Zane is a hit in our house. The boys love the music.