Monday, April 21, 2008

Flash, Ahhhhh He'll Save Everyone of Us

On Friday I picked up my lovely and one of the teachers says something about SF having the 'uh' sound as in 'umbrella' for the 'sound bag'. She mumbled something about it being hard but 'you're so creative' we thought you could handle it. Well, we got home and there were no instructions, no sound bag to be found.

I phoned the school and the Headmistress said to find some toys and blah, blah, blah etc. put it in a bag. Has anyone ever read the dictionary? There really aren't many 'uh' sounds unless you want the whole unbelievable, uncurl, unstoppable kind of nonsense going on. Toys, what toys? I thought about hunting down a gargantuan pair of ladies undies, but thought they might mistake them for my own. I wouldn't want that. Actually, I have issues about under garments so I'll just leave it at that.

I decided to make SF some pimped out 'flashcards' and send them along with 50+ cocktail umbrellas(spikey tips of danger handsnipped away by yours truly for safety) for each classmate. They are doublesided and laminated for durability. These will then be placed neatly in a one gallon Ziploc freezer bag that reads like a marquee: Now presenting the UH sound. I traced it backwards on the other side of the bag and wrote "place this side up to a mirror to read the message". Oh yeah. Uh-huh. I think I want to start a custom flashcard biz. Or something. I think it could beat writing vibe reviews as far as cash flow goes... See what you think:

bellybutton
I know, SF looks so happy. This was after getting a crown this morning. He can't say his l's so it's 'umbiwicus'.

umbra

umbrella

ululate

uncouth
All of this time I thought uncouth meant tacky or ill mannered. Not according to my beloved and trusty 1940 Winston College Dictionary.

uncle