Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday

I went out on Friday night for a "date". It was a pleasant enough evening. He is my age, has very very VERY short hair, and nice green eyes. We went and saw "Knocked Up" and although the seats didn't recline and were oversized for Lindsay Lohan, he didn't sit next to me. I guess he didn't want to invade my space. I don't know. Afterwards we went for a drink and he was funny, complimentary and kind. I made a complete ass out of myself by referring to his email wherein he said his blood pressure would escalate if we would see the film "Sicko".

"So do you really have high blood pressure?" I joked.

(Note to self: do not ask health related questions on a first encounter.)

This in turn opened up something altogether different and I was surprised and touched by his candor and honesty. When you see someone take a deep breath or you can see that they're deciding whether or not to unload something on you, and they do, it's quite impressive. After that I dropped him off and he kissed my hand. He has really nice big hands. My hand felt like a golf ball in a catcher's mitt.

Yesterday my mom took Snowflake up north so I am a free bird. I went to TJ Maxx and tried on clothes for a wedding I'm attending and taking pictures for next weekend. I did find a really cute, retro-ish dress. However, I've come to the realization that even though I'm on the road to fit fabulousness, I look much better with clothes on.

I purchased some 'foundation' garments, a camisole and some freaky 'briefs' that look like they could batten down the rolls on the Michelin Man. Thus, my cracked foundation will be smooth and curvy and cute. When defrocked I will look like a life size Johnsonville Brat in natural casing. Sweet.

Speaking of briefs, I finally watched "Memoirs of a Geisha" last night. When Sayuri is in the countryside, washing the beautiful sashes, I reflected on my life, growing up with two brothers. I always had to help my mother with domestic duty. The boys didn't have to because they were 'too little' up until they were teenagers. I remembered folding underwear, men's underwear. I hated it.

I thought about how much I dislike "Fruit of the Looms" and I wondered, 'could I ever fold some dude's underwear, especially FOTL's'? I don't think I could. I don't want to think about it.

All I know is today is my favorite day of the week.