Monday, December 21, 2009

Extending the Branch

Today I went to the grocery store to get some stuff and ran into my next door neighbor. She raved about the Christmas card I sent(I usually get that) and then I told her about Charlie. She gave me the best hug I've had in a very long time. It was totally genuine.

They're like my cool old hippie parents although they don't smoke pot and probably never were hippies. They've been so supportive through the years. My little neighborhood is as close as you can get to "It's a Wonderful Life" in this waning year of 2009.

Saturday I drank enough red wine to inebriate entire said neighborhood. In the process I deleted my twitter account and knocked off a huge chunk of my 'friends' on Facebook. A few I accidentally deleted. Oh well. In the course of the evening, I decided to check my grades.

Whoa. What's this? A B+ in ActionScript? I was going into shock. I immediately sent an email to the department head and the instructor.

Magically, today it's an A.

WTF. I deserved it so I don't what the hell was up with that. Seriously, I'm NOT a Virgo. I just have a three semester 4.0 going and I'm not gonna blow it. I would never blow it. No, not a virgo!

As an Aquarian, I decided to extend myself The Olive Branch. I smell better, I feel better, I'm smart enough, I'm good enough and damn it, people like me!

No comments: