Friday, June 13, 2008

Blowing Myself

I want to thank my little sweetles for giving me the encouragment to smile. Chrissy, jMo, Christine, AM, J, NWO, LaLuna, Nina, Gem. Excuse me if I forgot anyone as I'm on my second glass of BOHO.

I have exciting news to share. Tonight I won 1st runner up Best of Show for 'skyworms' in the Creatures show at the Central Wisconsin Cultural Center in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. I tied with a person that awes me... we both scored 48 out of 50 points. She received best of show for a sculpture. This is a person whose resume reads like the Holy Grail. Currently, she's the artist in residence at The Grand Canyon. So, for the momento, I am very pleased, even if the ice caps are melting.

In other news, I had two pieces selected for a national juried show. THey actually print a catalog so I'm walking on helium as I type. That and the vino are sending me skyward at the moment. The day was great. XOXO