Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Life is a Mystery

It's a new year and I've made a huge commitment to my health. I started the Couch to 5K running program. If I don't die somewhere along the way, I'll be in shape to run a 5K in only nine weeks.

That is if I don't pulverize my kneecaps into a fine powdery dust. I just felt the need to get back to the things I used to do before SF. Running. Yep. I used to run three miles a day with the Chidler(RIP, baby). He was my coach and co-pilot. I used to eat a lot less too. So here's to trying and trying again.

Never say die, bitches.

In my new found fervor, I went ahead and signed up for a FIVE mile run in March. Thats two miles more than a 5K. When I told my dad, he actually laughed. I think he thought I was just going to blindly do it. It's a typical reaction. This coming froma man who today in the mail received an anonymous CD that had "To the #1 Polak on my List" written on the paper sleeve. Spell much? WTF

The CD contained a country song about a guy who was only good at one thing: drinking beer. Hmm... methinks. What a mystery.

No comments: