Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mom


I want you to know how much I love you. How I love it when I look at photographs of you when you were my age and I see myself. I love it when people I've never met before tell me I look just like you. You have been more than a mother, more than a friend. You have been there for me through all of the little and large dramas of my life. You were so great when Snowflake was born. You just knew what to do by doing nothing, just being there. Your presence was so comforting. I am glad we are able to spend lots of time together. Sometimes I curse this, but I know I'm lucky to share this journey with you. Even though you might not ever see this, I just want you to know, as Snowflake tells me from time to time, "You're the best mamma in the whole wide world!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have such a great Mom, as your Mom is to have you. Lovely heartfelt post!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post :)

Anonymous said...

So lovely. Maybe you should write this in another medium, and send it to her...a random card in the mail from your daughter...how cool would that be?

Anonymous said...

I showed it to her today when she came into the office. She complained about the picture saying it sucks getting old. She's a wee bit vain. Maybe I should have airbrushed her. Hee Hee I don't know if you remember that picture I blogged of her rubbing lotion on herself on the boat this past summer? I am going to enlarge that and give it to her for Christmas. I really dig it.

Anonymous said...

I remember that pic. I love it too. I hope she does as well. ;)

Anonymous said...

G'day you! :) I know I keep saying this, but you are so incredibly talented and you've got so much artistic vision. Amazing! I just love your photographs and your prolific (sp?) style of writing. BTW, the pic of your mom...she's absolutely beautiful! I only hope the camera loves me that much twenty years from now :) She is stunning.