Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In Toyland

I have a sickness. My name is Heidi and I am a toy whore. I love cool toys. Snowflake has the LikeABike, a Bilibo, some Playsam streamliners, and a Kuggelbahn and so many other luscious toys that there just isn't time nor room to mention them all.


The Like A Bike is too amazing for words. Since I now have a fast connection I may have to post some video of my little bad ass flying down a hill just so you believe me. The self confidence it gives a two year old is priceless. He has the balance of a much older child thanks to this cool bike. These are all excellent toys and I highly recommend them. Did one year fly by so fast already? I can't believe it. I hardly believe how the bank account dwindles to mere cinders so quickly when shopping for playthings.

I just started shopping for him and this year he's going to the moon in this fabulous recycled cardboard rocket by ISA. I am hoping he finds endless consuming pleasurable imaginary pretend time in there so I can luxuriate in the tub for ten minutes or so. Prices vary greatly on this little baby from $42.95 to $75.00 online depending on the store.

Santa is also bringing him a nice selection of Bruder toys. He is getting the MAN cement mixer, the snowplow and the MAN garbage truck. Although these are plastic, they are high quality german toys(made in a small family owned factory) and all three of them have won the Spiel Gut award. I seem to dig anything that has the Spiel Gut sticker because the Germans seem to really know their shit when it comes to quality and play value.

It would seem as though I am done. His birthday isn't too far after Christmas so maybe I can get him this fabulous Vilac Teepee and this kickass Rody by Gymnic rubber horse that holds a whopping 400 pounds!

It comes down to the fact that I love toys as much as he does. I want him to have rich memories. How cool will it be for him as a grown man to see pictures of himself as a little long haired tater tot playing with these incredible toys, and then to actually have those toys to do whatever he wants with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about the rocket, but the others look like they might still be around for your grandkids to play with some day. How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

The rocket may definitely bite it, but you never know. I hope I live long enough to see grandkids. That would be a dream.

Anonymous said...

You find the best toys and thus, I always have great recommendations for the families I work with!!!! I love the like-a-bike and I wish more of my kiddos families would spend the money for one. Peddling is a VERY hard concept for many of the children I work with and this thing is perfect for them!!!!