Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This is Christmas

Last week, I was tagged by the beautiful and bookish J, who was tagged by Scarlett(this has always been my dream name!). It's a lovely little original Christmas meme. Grab some eggnog and bring on the cheer!


Please share 12 of your favorite Christmas things: they can be memories, traditions, songs, presents, beliefs, whatever it is about this season that you love.

Send it to 12 people, and be sure to link to them so that everyone can enjoy the many variations!

1.) I LOVE snow! I love winter! As much as it can be depressingly draining the way it seems to carry on forever, attitude IS everything. Skis, snowshoes, we've got 'em!

2.) A real, made from scratch "Tom & Jerry". They are so de-lish! and just the right thing for a cold winter's night.

3.) Christmas tunes. I sent my fave mix that was given to me by The Godfather to a few special people this year. I hope they enjoy it.

4.) Wrapping Christmas presents. I like to make everything look amazing. So usually when you get a Christmas present from me, it will be wrapped uniquely and adorned with sumptuous ribbon and a neat tag.

5.) This is my most favorite Christmas song, EVER.



6.) Or maybe this one because it makes me want to kiss someone:



7.) When I was a little kid, Santa knocked on our door one winter night and visited us. It was mindblowing because he gave us each a stocking filled with goodies, WITH OUR NAMES WRITTEN IN GLITTER ON THEM! It had to be Santa! Such a wonderful memory. It was my Uncle Nick who played The Claus, authentic belly and all.

8.) A year later, I hid under my brother's crib one Christmas Eve and watched my parents carry all of our presents downstairs.

9.) One year, I think I was about 11 or so, I meticulously unwrapped each of my presents and wrapped them back up, unbeknownst to my padres. I then casually mentioned to my mother how I didn't want 'this or that' for Christmas. What a rotten little girl! Who says we're all sugar and spice?

10.) I love mulled cider. It reminds me of my friend Heather Bauer who I haven't seen or talked to in years. I miss her.

11.) We have a home movie somewhere where my little brothers were both wearing these red and white striped pajamas. The youngest, Jimmy was digging through his stocking and found some of those Brach's Christmas taffy/mint candies with the tree shape in the middle. My dad pans the camera to him and says, "Jimmy, what'd you get for Christmas?"

He holds up said candy, one in each hand, eyes as big as saucers and says,

"I got TWO candies!"

12.) My mother made each of us a stocking when we were little. They're white with a blue calico lining that folds over into a wide cuff and have cut out cats sewn on them(we never had a real cat though). We could tell them apart by how many cats were on them. Mine has four. It is so great to have hanging by the fireplace. I love my stocking.

So now I have to tag 12 others to share the Christmas love. So let's see:

1.) Lisa
2.) jMO
3.) Jimmy
4.) Dino
5.) Maggie
6.) Nutrix
7.) Nina
8.) Northwest Observer
9.) Glamgranola
10.) Rachel
11.) Unrelaxed Dad (I know how much you love memes and you're so idle these days)
12.) 180/360

Whew...that's alotta linking! If you don't want to do 12 or don't have 12, no worries, just share a little cheer! XO