Saturday, February 25, 2006

Addict



I have a sickness. My impulse control can be as weak as a heroin addict's when I spy a deal. Was I really planning on buying anything at all this past week? Hell no! I despise materialism, yet I am a slave to the marketing schemes of that glorious sexy red bullseye. I know it's looking at me. I know it wants me BAD. I think I can resist and then it gives me a teasing slap on the ass, begging me to come hither.

Once a year, my favorite saucy catch all store has a collection called "World Bazaar". Maybe you know of it. Maybe you've lingered in the aisles, imagining yourself ringing the temple bell, weaving that carpet or viewing Kilimanjaro in the mist of the early dawn. You think, I must have it! At any cost! Not this little warrior.

I bought seven gorgeous handmade kilim pillows that were $59.99 each. My total for all seven: $42!(That's forking $420 dollars woth of Turkish delight, people!) Yes! A cool Asian table, round and wide at the top, tapering down and then flaring out at the base normally $129.99 was mine for a mere $12.99! I bought the matching stool $89.99 for $8.99. A wonderful oxidized Mexican glass mirror $59.99 for $5.99. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I was on a crazy, rabid, free for all. 90 effing percent off! I'll take it. And I'll take some more of it, and some more. A-N-Y-T-I-M-E, sucka!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You little Target-slut you! I told my mom about it and she wants to go...Bad!

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome you find such great deals. I want to come shopping with you. I love a great deal.

Anonymous said...

It was a sad scene by the time I got to the local store.( I went south 35 minutes for the table etc.) It looked like the worst case scenario for a food pantry. I found the pillows and all that was left were a few abandoned and abused bags of crostini. Then again, you could have made some of your delish bruschetta, A! The thing about Target is that if something is marked down, you seriously have to go EVERY day because you never know when they take another markdown, especially with seasonal merch. Damn, do I sound like a freak or what?!

Anonymous said...

Damn you. Now I have to go to Target today. I was in Target yesterday but was with the husband and I've learned not to make him diddle around while I forage.

I go to Target way too much....